One of the most frequent questions we get asked is: how often should I clean my Nespresso machine? The answer is twice a year, or after about 300 uses.
Why should I clean it?
It will extend the life of your machine and make your Podista pods taste even better!
What happens when I clean it?
Descaling your machine will remove calcium and lime deposits that build up from water.
How do I descale my Nespresso machine?
- Remove capsules and capsule container.
- Put four cups of warm water in the water container.
- Mix in one sachet of descaling solution.
- Turn the machine on.
- Make sure you have a container than can hold up to a litre of water under the coffee outlet (otherwise you might end up with quite a mess!)
1. Pixie, Essenza and Citiz – simultaneously press on two buttons for three seconds.
2. U – simultaneously press all three buttons for three seconds.
- Lattisima – put in the descaling nozzle, press the cappuccino button.
- Rinse the water container.
- Pour in fresh water in the water container.
- Run the cycle again without the descaling solution in the water.
- Empty and rinse the drip tray.
And you’re done!
- Pixie, Essenza and Citiz – press the two buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- U – press and hold three buttons simultaneously for three seconds.
- Latissima – take out the descaling nozzle.