We’re not even sure if this classifies as a drink or a desert, but heck we don’t mind either way.
Decadent and perfect for summer evenings, this iced chocolate drink is perfect for company or enjoy it all to yourself (just don’t tell anyone…)
- ¾ cup hot water
- ½ cup fine sugar
- 2 Chocolate PODiSTA pods
- ¾ cup quality cocoa
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups ice
- Soda water
- Chocolate Gelato, slightly softened
- Fresh mint
- Place the hot water, sugar, cocoa and PODiSTA Chocolate extract in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the milk and blend to combine. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add the ice to the chocolate mixture. Blend until it is frothy and slush-like, adding more ice if needed.
- Pour a splash of soda water into the bottom of each glass. Fill the glass with the chocolate mixture, leaving about 1 inch of space at the top. Place a small scoop of chocolate gelato on top. Garnish with fresh mint.
Hint: try using one of our flavoured chocolate pods to introduce a new twist!
Image and recipe via tasteandtellblog.com